[GIT PULL] Please pull powerpc/linux.git powerpc-5.10-1 tag

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Oct 17 06:22:23 AEDT 2020

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 8:24 PM Michael Ellerman <mpe at ellerman.id.au> wrote:

> Just two minor conflicts I'm aware of. The only slight subtlety is the conflict
> in kasan_init() where "int ret" needs to move out of the for_each_mem_range()
> and up to the function scope.

Well, there was also a conflict for the dependencies of OCXL.

I resolved that by ruthlessly simplifying the dependency:

-       depends on PPC_POWERNV && PCI && EEH && HOTPLUG_PCI_POWERNV
 -      depends on PPC_POWERNV && PCI && EEH && PPC_XIVE_NATIVE
++      depends on HOTPLUG_PCI_POWERNV

because all the other dependencies seem to be pointless.

HOTPLUG_PCI_POWERNV already has a

        depends on PPC_POWERNV && EEH

so there's no point in repeating those.

And PPC_XIVE_NATIVE is selected by PPC_POWERNV, so if PPC_POWERNV, we
know PPC_XIVE_NATIVE is set.

Maybe I missed something strange, so I'm just letting you know so you
can blame me if I broke something.

              Linus