Error: invalid switch -me200

Fāng-ruì Sòng maskray at google.com
Sat Nov 14 11:37:38 AEDT 2020

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 4:23 PM Segher Boessenkool
<segher at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> > > Hmmm, looks like this flag does not exist in mainline binutils? There is
> > > a thread in 2010 about this that Segher commented on:
> > >
> > > https://lore.kernel.org/linuxppc-dev/9859E645-954D-4D07-8003-FFCD2391AB6E@kernel.crashing.org/
> > >
> > > Guess this config should be eliminated?
>
> The help text for this config options says that e200 is used in 55xx,
> and there *is* an -me5500 GAS flag (which probably does this same
> thing, too).  But is any of this tested, or useful, or wanted?
>
> Maybe Christophe knows, cc:ed.
>

> Segher

CC Alan Modra, a binutils global maintainer.

Alan, can the few -Wa,-m* options deleted from arch/powerpc/Makefile ?
The topic started at
http://lore.kernel.org/r/202011131146.g8dPLQDD-lkp@intel.com and
people would like to get rid of some options (if possible).