PowerPC KVM-PR issue

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Wed Jun 10 19:06:16 AEST 2020

On 10 June 2020 at 00:18 am, Christian Zigotzky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> KVM-PR doesn't work anymore on my Nemo board [1]. I figured out that
> the Git kernels and the kernel 5.7 are affected.
>
> Error message: Fienix kernel: kvmppc_exit_pr_progint: emulation at 700
> failed (00000000)
>
> I can boot virtual QEMU PowerPC machines with KVM-PR with the kernel
> 5.6 without any problems on my Nemo board.
>
> I tested it with QEMU 2.5.0 and QEMU 5.0.0 today.
>
> Could you please check KVM-PR on your PowerPC machine?
>
> Thanks,
> Christian
>
> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AmigaOne_X1000

I figured out that the PowerPC updates 5.7-1 [1] are responsible for the
KVM-PR issue. Please test KVM-PR on your PowerPC machines and check the
PowerPC updates 5.7-1 [1].

Thanks

[1]
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=d38c07afc356ddebaa3ed8ecb3f553340e05c969