Looking for history of tlbia macro

Christophe Leroy christophe.leroy at c-s.fr
Fri Jan 31 03:29:29 AEDT 2020

Hi,

I'm looking for the history of the tlbia macro. At the time being, the
tlbia macro performs 1024 tlbie, increasing the address by 0x1000
between each tlbie.

I looked into the fullhistory linux repository it was changed from 128
to 1024 at some point in time, but this was done in commit c57a0d4efdc8
("Import 2.4.0-test2pre2") which is a huge commit without the details
explaining the reason for this change.

In the e300 core manual, and in the ppc603e User manual, it is said to
perform 32 tlbie for flushing the entire TLB tables.

In the ppc604, it is said to perform 64 tlbie.

1024 is huge and tlbia takes a lot more time than it should. Does
anybody know which it was increased to 1024 ?

Christophe