[FSL P5020 P5040 PPC] Onboard SD card doesn't work anymore after the 'mmc-v5.4-2' updates

Ulf Hansson ulf.hansson at linaro.org
Mon Jan 20 22:18:32 AEDT 2020

On Mon, 20 Jan 2020 at 10:17, Christian Zigotzky <chzigotzky at xenosoft.de> wrote:

> Am 16.01.20 um 16:46 schrieb Ulf Hansson:
> > On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 at 12:18, Christian Zigotzky <chzigotzky at xenosoft.de> wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> We still need the attached patch for our onboard SD card interface
> >> [1,2]. Could you please add this patch to the tree?
> > No, because according to previous discussion that isn't the correct
> > solution and more importantly it will break other archs (if I recall
> > correctly).
> >
> > Looks like someone from the ppc community needs to pick up the ball.
> I am not sure if the ppc community have to fix this issue because your
> updates (mmc-v5.4-2) are responsible for this issue. If nobody wants to
> fix this issue then we will lost the onboard SD card support in the
> future. PLEASE check the 'mmc-v5.4-2' updates again.

Applying your suggested fix breaks other archs/boards. It's really not
a good situation, but I will not take a step back when it's quite easy
to take a step forward instead.

Someone just need to care and send a patch, it doesn't look that hard
to me, but maybe I am wrong.

Apologies if this isn't the answer you wanted, but that's all I can do
for now, sorry.

Kind regards
Uffe