PPC64: G5 & 4k/64k page size (was: Re: Call for report - G5/PPC970 status)

Romain Dolbeau romain at dolbeau.org
Mon Jan 6 00:03:10 AEDT 2020

Le sam. 21 déc. 2019 à 05:31, Aneesh Kumar K.V
<aneesh.kumar at linux.ibm.com> a écrit :
> I don't have direct access to this system, I have asked if we can get a run
> with 64K.

OK, thanks! Do you know which model it is? It seems to be working on
some systems,
but we don't have enough samples to figure out why at this time, I think.

> Meanwhile is there a way to find out what caused MachineCheck? more
> details on this? I was checking the manual and I don't see any
> restrictions w.r.t effective address. We now have very high EA with 64K
> page size.

Sorry, no idea, completely out of my depth here. I can try some kernel
(build, runtime) options and/or patch, but someone will have to tell
me what to try,
as I have no ideas.

Cordially & Happy New Year!

--