Latest Git kernel: avahi-daemon[2410]: ioctl(): Inappropriate ioctl for device

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Sun Feb 2 11:08:17 AEDT 2020

Hello,

We regularly compile and test Linux kernels every day during the merge
window. Since Thuesday we have very high CPU loads because of the avahi
daemon on our desktop Linux systems (Ubuntu, Debian etc).

Error message: avahi-daemon[2410]: ioctl(): Inappropriate ioctl for device

Could you please test the latest Git kernel?

It is possible to deactivate the avahi daemon with the following lines
in the file "/etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf":

use-ipv4=no
use-ipv6=no

But this is only a temporary solution.

Thanks,