[Virtual ppce500] virtio_gpu virtio0: swiotlb buffer is full

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Wed Aug 19 20:22:51 AEST 2020

On 19 August 2020 at 06:35 am, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 04:41:38PM +0200, Christian Zigotzky wrote:
>> Hello Gerd,
>>
>> I compiled a new kernel with the latest DRM misc updates today. The patch is
>> included in these updates.
>>
>> This kernel works with the VirtIO-GPU in a virtual e5500 QEMU/KVM HV machine
>> on my X5000.
>>
>> Unfortunately I can only use the VirtIO-GPU (Monitor: Red Hat, Inc. 8") with
>> a resolution of 640x480. If I set a higher resolution then the guest
>> disables the monitor.
>> I can use higher resolutions with the stable kernel 5.8 and the VirtIO-GPU.
>>
>> Please check the latest DRM updates.
> https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/385980/
>
> (tests & reviews & acks are welcome)
>
> HTH,
>    Gerd

Hello Gerd,

I compiled a new RC1 with our patches today. With these patches, the
VirtIO-GPU works without any problems. I can use higher resolutions again.

Screenshot of the RC1-3 with the VirtIO-GPU in a virtual e5500 QEMU/KVM
HV machine on my X5000:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4f/b0/14/4fb01476edd7abe6be1e1203a8e7e152.png

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,