[PASEMI] Nemo board doesn't boot anymore after the commit "powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: Simplify pkey disable branch"

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Mon Aug 10 00:12:35 AEST 2020

Hello,

The Nemo board (A-EON AmigaOne X1000) [1] doesn't start with the latest
Git kernel anymore after the commit "powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: Simplify
pkey disable branch" [2].

I bisected today [3].

Result: powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: Simplify pkey disable branch
(a4678d4b477c3d2901f101986ca01406f3b7eaea) [2] is the first bad commit.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to revert the first bad commit. The first
bad commit depends on many other commits, which unfortunately I don't
know. I tried to remove the modifications of the files from the first
bad commit but without any success. There are just too many dependencies.

Additionally I reverted the commit "selftests/powerpc: Fix pkey syscall
redefinitions" [4] and compiled a new kernel but without any success.

Could you please check the first bad commit?

Thanks,
Christian

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AmigaOne_X1000
[2]