[next-20190919] Build failure: undefined "hash__has_transparent_hugepage

Sachin Sant sachinp at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Sep 20 21:17:21 AEST 2019

> On 19-Sep-2019, at 9:36 PM, Mark Brown <broonie at kernel.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Changes since 20190918:
>
> The btrfs-kave tree gained a conflict with Linus' tree which I wasn't
> comfortable resolving so I skipped the tre for today.
>
> The ext4 tree gained a conflict with Linus' tree which I fixed up.
>
> The nvdimm tree gained a conflict with the libnvdimm-fixes tree which I
> fixed up.

next-20190919 fails to build on ppc64le with following error:

  WRAP    arch/powerpc/boot/zImage.pseries
  WRAP    arch/powerpc/boot/zImage.epapr
  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 1979 modules
ERROR: "hash__has_transparent_hugepage" [drivers/nvdimm/libnvdimm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "radix__has_transparent_hugepage" [drivers/nvdimm/libnvdimm.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "fuse_put_request" [fs/fuse/fuse] is a static EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL
make[2]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2

config attached.

Thanks