Bug 205201 - overflow of DMA mask and bus mask

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Wed Nov 13 21:14:16 AEDT 2019

Hello Christoph,

I have found the issue. :-)

GFP_DMA32 was renamed to GFP_DMA in the PowerPC updates 4.21-1 in
December last year.

Some PCI devices still use GFP_DMA32 (grep -r GFP_DMA32 *). I renamed
GFP_DMA32 to GFP_DMA in the file
"drivers/media/v4l2-core/videobuf-dma-sg.c". After compiling the RC7 of
kernel 5.4 my TV card works again.

Cheers,
Christian