Mac Mini G4 hang on boot with git master

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sat Mar 16 00:37:47 AEDT 2019

Hi all,

I've just done a git pull and rebuilt master on my Mac Mini G4 in order to test
Michael's merge of my KVM PR fix, and unfortunately my kernel now hangs on boot :(

My last working git checkout was somewhere around the 5.0-rc stage, so I suspect it's
something that's been merged for 5.1.

The hang occurs just after the boot console is disabled which makes me wonder if
something is going wrong during PCI bus enumeration. Does anyone have an idea as to
what may be causing this? I can obviously bisect it down, but on slow hardware it can
take some time...

ATB,

Mark.