DMA & POWER8

Илья Кузнецов ilya at yadro.com
Fri Mar 1 21:32:46 AEDT 2019

I'm sorry for previous email content without greeting.

A bit more description… We are working on enabling RDMA over PCIe NTB on
OpenPOWER using https://github.com/ntrdma project. During initialization
dma_request_channel() founds no available channels. We also found that there no
channels at all in dma_device_list. This is probably powerpc specific problem.
Could someone explain if that is hardware limitation or arch specific part
should be changed?

Ben, a while ago you answered regarding DMA master on POWER8, may be you have
idea here also?

Thank you in advance!