switch the remaining architectures to use generic GUP v4

Christoph Hellwig hch at lst.de
Wed Jun 26 00:36:59 AEST 2019

Hi Linus and maintainers,

below is a series to switch mips, sh and sparc64 to use the generic
GUP code so that we only have one codebase to touch for further
improvements to this code.  I don't have hardware for any of these
architectures, and generally no clue about their page table
management, so handle with care.

Changes since v3:
 - improve a few commit messages
 - clean up gup_fast_permitted a bit more
 - split the code reordering in gup.c into a separate patch
 - drop the patch to pass argument in a structure for now

Changes since v2:
 - rebase to mainline to pick up the untagged_addr definition
 - fix the gup range check to be start <= end to catch the 0 length case
 - use pfn based version for the missing pud_page/pgd_page definitions
 - fix a wrong check in the sparc64 version of pte_access_permitted

Changes since v1:
 - fix various issues found by the build bot
 - cherry pick and use the untagged_addr helper form Andrey
 - add various refactoring patches to share more code over architectures
 - move the powerpc hugepd code to mm/gup.c and sync it with the generic
   hup semantics