[RFC V3] mm: Generalize and rename notify_page_fault() as kprobe_page_fault()

Dave Hansen dave.hansen at intel.com
Mon Jun 10 14:57:29 AEST 2019

On 6/9/19 9:34 PM, Anshuman Khandual wrote:
>> Do you really think this is easier to read?
>>
>> Why not just move the x86 version to include/linux/kprobes.h, and replace
>> the int with bool?
> Will just return bool directly without an additional variable here as suggested
> before. But for the conditional statement, I guess the proposed one here is more
> compact than the x86 one.

FWIW, I don't think "compact" is generally a good goal for code.  Being
readable is 100x more important than being compact and being un-compact
is only a problem when it hurts readability.

For a function like the one in question, having the individual return
conditions clearly commented is way more important than saving 10 lines
of code.