[v5 5/6] powerpc/mce: Handle UE event for memcpy_mcsafe

Nicholas Piggin npiggin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 19:52:59 AEST 2019

Santosh Sivaraj's on July 9, 2019 10:15 pm:
> If we take a UE on one of the instructions with a fixup entry, set nip
> to continue execution at the fixup entry. Stop processing the event
> further or print it.

So... what happens if we take a machine check while we happen to be
executing some other kernel operation with a fixup entry?

Or the other way around, what happens if memcpy_mcsafe takes a page
fault for some reason (e.g., kernel bug it tries to access unmapped
memory).

Thanks,
Nick