use generic DMA mapping code in powerpc V4

Christoph Hellwig hch at lst.de
Thu Feb 7 02:15:05 AEDT 2019

On Wed, Feb 06, 2019 at 02:45:34PM +0100, Christian Zigotzky wrote:
> I patched the source code from the Git 'powerpc-dma.6' with your patch
> today. Unfortunately the P.A. Semi Ethernet doesn't work with the patched
> Git kernel.
>
> After that I tried it with the patch applied over the working setup again
> (powerpc/dma: use the dma_direct mapping routines). Unfortunately after
> compiling
> and booting, the P.A. Semi Ethernet doesn't work either.

The last good one was 29e7e2287e196f48fe5d2a6e017617723ea979bf
("dma-direct: we might need GFP_DMA for 32-bit dma masks"), if I
remember correctly.  powerpc/dma: use the dma_direct mapping routines
was the one that you said makes the pasemi ethernet stop working.

Can you post the dmesg from the failing runs?