PPC64: G5 & 4k/64k page size (was: Re: Call for report - G5/PPC970 status)

Romain Dolbeau romain at dolbeau.org
Fri Dec 13 18:47:49 AEDT 2019

Le jeu. 12 déc. 2019 à 22:40, Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k.org> a écrit :
> I'm using 4K pages, in case that matters

Yes it does matter, as it seems to be the difference between "working"
and "not working" :-)
Thank you for the config & pointing out the culprit!

With your config, my machine boots (though it's missing some features
as the config seems quite tuned).

Moving from 64k pages to 4k pages on 'my' config (essentially,
Debian's 5.3 with default values for changes since), my machine boots
as well & everything seems to work fine.

So question to Aneesh - did you try 64k pages on your G5, or only 4k?
In the second case, could you try with 64k to see if you can reproduce
the crash?

To Jeroen - is your iMac booting with 4k or 64k pages? Same question
for the crashing G5, though I assume the answer is going to be 64k
there.

Thanks & cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau