[PATCH v6 0/5] powerpc/powernv/pci: Make hotplug self-sufficient, independent of FW and DT
s.miroshnichenko at yadro.com
Sat Aug 17 02:16:09 AEST 2019
Allow switching from the pnv_php module to the standard pciehp driver for
PowerNV, if the platform supports it: it can be a server working on top of
the skiboot with the  patchset applied.
Add the ability to discover hot-added devices which weren't added to the
Device Tree (by the pnv_php via an explicit OPAL call when a hotplug event
was intercepted) by direct access to the bus.
Sync the changes in PCIe topology (bus numbers and PEs) with the skiboot.
Tested on POWER8 PowerNV+PHB3 ppc64le (our Vesnin server) with:
- the pciehp driver active;
- the pnv_php driver disabled;
- the "pci=pcie_bus_peer2peer,realloc" kernel command line argument;
- controlled hotplug of a network card with SR-IOV works;
- activating of SR-IOV on a network card works;
- [with extra patches for movable BARs and bus numbers] manually initiated
(via sysfs) rescan has found and turned on a hotplugged bridge.
[Skiboot] [PATCH v3 0/5] core/pci: Track changes of topology by an OS
Change since v5:
- Activates on "ibm,supported-movable-bdfs" property in DT from skiboot
instead of the "pci=realloc" flag;
- Removed the code refactoring patches - will send them separately.
Changes since v4:
- Fixed failing build when EEH is disabled in a kernel config;
- Unfreeze the bus on EEH_IO_ERROR_VALUE(size), not only 0xffffffff;
- Replaced the 0xff magic constant with phb->ioda.reserved_pe_idx;
- Renamed create_pdn() -> pci_create_pdn_from_dev();
- Renamed add_one_dev_pci_data(..., vf_index, ...) -> pci_alloc_pdn();
- Renamed add_dev_pci_data() -> pci_create_vf_pdns();
- Renamed remove_dev_pci_data() -> pci_destroy_vf_pdns();
- Removed the patch fixing uninitialized IOMMU group - now it is fixed in
commit 8f5b27347e88 ("powerpc/powernv/sriov: Register IOMMU groups for
Changes since v3:
- Subject changed;
- Don't disable EEH during rescan anymore - instead just unfreeze the
target buses deliberately;
- Add synchronization with the firmware when changing the PCIe topology;
- Fixed for VFs;
- Code cleanup.
Changes since v2:
- Don't reassign bus numbers on PowerNV by default (to retain the default
behavior), but only when pci=realloc is passed;
- Less code affected;
- pci_add_device_node_info is refactored with add_one_dev_pci_data;
- Minor code cleanup.
Changes since v1:
- Fixed build for ppc64le and ppc64be when CONFIG_PCI_IOV is disabled;
- Fixed build for ppc64e when CONFIG_EEH is disabled;
- Fixed code style warnings.
Sergey Miroshnichenko (5):
powerpc/pci: Access PCI config space directly w/o pci_dn
powerpc/powernv/pci: Suppress an EEH error when reading an empty slot
powerpc/pci: Create pci_dn on demand
powerpc/powernv/pci: Hook up the writes to PCI_SECONDARY_BUS register
powerpc/pci: Enable assigning bus numbers instead of reading them from
arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc-pci.h | 1 +
arch/powerpc/kernel/pci_dn.c | 95 +++++++--
arch/powerpc/kernel/rtas_pci.c | 97 ++++++---
arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/eeh-powernv.c | 2 +-
arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/pci.c | 205 +++++++++++++++++--
5 files changed, 331 insertions(+), 69 deletions(-)
More information about the Linuxppc-dev