Conflict between sparse and commit cafa0010cd51f ("Raise the minimum required gcc version to 4.6")

Luc Van Oostenryck luc.vanoostenryck at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 01:15:27 AEST 2018

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 04:05:34PM +0200, Christophe LEROY wrote:

> This time it works, thanks for your help.

You're welcome.

> Should we find a may to automate that in the Makefile when
> CROSS_COMPILE is defined ?

The situation here with an old gcc is really an oddity.
I was instead thinking to update sparse so that it repports a
GCC version of at least 4.6, maybe something even more recent.

But maybe, yes, kbuild could pass GCC_VERSION to sparse so
that both the compiler used and sparse will repport the same.
I'll see. The problem is not tied to cross-compilation, though,
just that sparse may be compiled with an older compiler.

-- Luc