PA6T little endian mode: ppc64le kernels possible?

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Mon Nov 12 18:10:55 AEDT 2018

<chzigotzky at xenosoft.de> wrote:

 >     Hi All,
 >
 >     I read the following:
 >
 >     The part that is debatably the heart of the chip is a PowerPC
core called the PA6T, a full blown 64-bit PPC with an FPU, VMX
extensions and hypervisor support. It fully conforms to the PowerPC 2.04
architecture spec, and can operate in both big and little-endian modes.

 >     —-
 >
 >     Is it possible to boot a ppc64le kernel on the PA6T?
 >

 > Nobody has done the work to get the kernel to work in little endian
on these platforms. I wouldn't expect it to work without quite a bit of
effort.

 > -Olof

Thank you for your answer.