administrivia: mails containing HTML attachments

Andrew Donnellan andrew.donnellan at au1.ibm.com
Thu May 17 11:42:18 AEST 2018

On 16/05/18 14:48, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have decided that any email sent to the linuxppc-dev mailing list
> that contains an HTML attachment (or is just an HTML email) will be
> rejected.  The vast majority of such mail are spam (and I have to spend
> time dropping them manually at the moment) and, I presume, anyone on
> this list is capable of sending no HTML email.
>
> Feel free to discuss ;-)

As it turns out, there's some bugs in how Patchwork handles HTML emails
that can screw up the resulting patch mboxes when retrieved from
Patchwork. We're hoping to fix that in the next Patchwork release, but
in the meantime this restriction should stop us running into any issues
on this list.

--
Andrew Donnellan              OzLabs, ADL Canberra
andrew.donnellan at au1.ibm.com  IBM Australia Limited