Build Failure on linux-next on Power8 machine

Michael Ellerman mpe at ellerman.id.au
Fri Jun 1 00:05:36 AEST 2018

Venkat Rao B <vrbagal1 at linux.vnet.ibm.com> writes:
> On Thursday 31 May 2018 04:44 PM, Christophe LEROY wrote:
>> Le 31/05/2018 à 12:38, vrbagal1 a écrit :
>>> Greetings!!!
>>>
>>> I am observing a build failure on linux-next kernel.
>>>
>>> Machine: Power8
>>> Platform: PowerNV(Baremetal)
>>> Git Tree:
>>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
>>
>> Which defconfig do you use, or can you give your .config ?
>>
>> Christophe
>>

> Unfortunately I lost it. I  only have complete fail logs. Will that be
> helpful?

We really need the .config, or at least some idea of which config it is.

We also really need to know which exact revision you're building.
linux-next is updated every day.

Today's build results are here:

  http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/head/14032/

I don't see any fails that look similar to yours. So perhaps you're
using a different compiler or something. That's another detail you
should tell us, the exact compiler version :)

cheers