NXP p1010se device trees only correct for P1010E/P1014E, not P1010/P1014 SoCs.

Tim Small tim at seoss.co.uk
Mon Jul 9 18:38:59 AEST 2018

On 06/07/18 19:41, Scott Wood wrote:
>> My openwrt patch
>> just does a:
>>
>> /delete-node/  crypto at 30000;
>>
>> after the p1010si-post.dtsi include.
> U-Boot should already be removing the node on non-E chips -- see
> ft_cpu_setup() in arch/powerpc/cpu/mpc85xx/fdt.c

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your email.  The device in question ships an old uboot (a
vendor fork of U-Boot 2010.12-svn15934).

I am right in saying that the right fix is to either:

Use a bootloader (such as current upstream uboot) which adjusts the
device tree properly...

or:

In the case (such as OpenWRT) where the preferred installation method is
to retain the vendor bootloader, then the distro kernel should handle
the device tree fixup itself?

Regards,

Tim.