use generic DMA mapping code in powerpc V4

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Wed Dec 5 20:44:05 AEDT 2018

On 04 December 2018 at 3:24PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 04, 2018 at 10:53:39AM +0100, Christian Zigotzky wrote:
>> I don't know why this kernel doesn't recognize the hard disks connected to
>> my physical P5020 board and why the onboard ethernet on my PASEMI board
>> doesn't work. (dma_direct_map_page: overflow)
> Do you know if this actually works for the baseline before my patches?
> E.g. with commit 721c01ba8b46ddb5355bd6e6b3bbfdabfdf01e97 ?

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your reply. I undid all dma mapping commits with the
following command:

git checkout 721c01ba8b46ddb5355bd6e6b3bbfdabfdf01e97

After that I compiled the kernels with this code for my P5020 board
(Cyrus) and for my PASEMI board (Nemo) today.

Result: PASEMI onboard ethernet works again and the P5020 board boots.

It seems the dma mapping commits are the problem.

@All
Could you please test Christoph's kernel on your PASEMI and NXP boards?
Download:

'git clone git://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git -b powerpc-dma.5 a'

Thanks,
Christian