MPC83xx reset status register (RSR, offset 0x910)

Radu Rendec radu.rendec at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 02:36:01 AEST 2018

Hi Everyone,

Is there any kernel code that handles the "reset status register" (RSR)
on MPC83xx? I looked at arch/powerpc/platforms/83xx/misc.c, but it seems
to only map the reset register area and it's static. The watchdog driver
(drivers/watchdog/mpc8xxx_wdt.c) doesn't seem to look at it either (for
the bootstatus flags).

Basically I need to check the CPU reset reason and I thought I would ask
first, before starting to write any code of my own.

Thanks,
Radu Rendec