Reg: MPC8360: Enabling 8 UCCs(as ethernet ports) in kernel

Naveen Kumar I naveenkumar.i at adtl.co.in
Sat Apr 28 15:00:56 AEST 2018

Hi,

        I am working on a customized mpc8360 based board, where i am using all 8 UCCs as ethernet ports. Here i am facing a problem of enabling all ethernet ports. At a time i am able to use 5 ethernet ports only. Individually i am able to see all ports are working. But when i try to use all ports at a time, i can see only 5 ethernet ports working. The 6th,7th and 8th ports are showing link 100Mbps full and active. But ping is failing on these(6,7,8) ports. Note that these 6,7,8 ports are working when i remove any of first 3 ports among 5 ports and add them in that place. Is there any place in kernel which is causing this limitation? for this i have done some searching online and added extra SNUMs to accommodate all UCCs but not able make it happen. Please help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks & Regards

Naveen