[GIT PULL] asm-generic fixes for v4.17-rc1

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Thu Apr 12 17:16:30 AEST 2018

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 1:16 AM, Linus Torvalds
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 8:40 AM, Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> wrote:
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>>   git+ssh://gitolite@ra.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arnd/asm-generic.git
>> tags/asm-generic
>
> Yeah, no they aren't available there at all.
>
> That tag is some old tag from two years ago that just contains your
> ancient "asm-generic: use compat version for preadv2 and pwritev2".
>
> Forgot to push out? Or forgot to use "-f" to overwrite the old tag?

Yes, something like that, I first tagged the local branch in the wrong
tree which had an old branch of the same name, noticed my mistake
as I pushed it, but then screwed up again when I tried to correct it:
I force-pushed the correct branch again, but not the tag.

Pushed the right tag now, please pull from

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arnd/asm-generic.git
tags/asm-generic

        Arnd