[rfc 0/3] Revisit MCE handling for UE errors

Balbir Singh bsingharora at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 14:15:52 AEST 2017

This patch series is designed to hook up memory_failure on
UE errors, this is specially helpful for user_mode UE errors.

The first patch is a cleanup patch, it removes dead code.
I could not find any users of get_mce_fault_addr().
The second patch walks kernel/user mode page tables in
real mode to extract the effective address of the instruction
that caused the UE error and the effective address it was
trying to access (for load/store).
The third patch hooks up memory_failure to the MCE patch.

TODO:
Log the address in NVRAM, so that we can recover from
bad pages at boot and keep the blacklist persistent.

Balbir Singh (3):
  powerpc/mce.c: Remove unused function get_mce_fault_addr()
  powerpc/mce: Extract physical_address for UE errors
  powerpc/mce: hookup memory_failure for UE errors

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/mce.h  |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/mce_power.c |  60 ++++++++++++++++++++--

2.9.5