char-TPM: Adjustments for ten function implementations

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 19 02:43:17 AEDT 2017

>>> A minor complaint: all commits are missing "Fixes:" tag.
>>
>> * Do you require it to be added to the commit messages?
>
> I don't require it. It's part of the development process:
>
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.12/process/submitting-patches.html

Yes. - But other contributors pointed the detail out again
that not every change is qualified for using this tag.

>> * Would you like to get a finer patch granularity then?
>
> I don't understand what you are asking.

If you would insist on the addition of this tag to all my commits
for the discussed patch series, I imagine that I would need to split
the update step “Improve a size determination in nine functions”
into smaller parts.

>> * Do you find any more information missing?
>
> I think I already answered to this in my earlier responses
> (commit messages).

Partly.

> I probably won't take "sizeof(*foo)" type of change even if it
> is a recommended style if that is the only useful thing that the
> commit does.

How much do you care for the section “14) Allocating memory”
in the document “coding-style.rst” then?

Regards,
Markus