Qoriq P5020 PowerPC board doesn't boot with the latest git version anymore

Michael Ellerman mpe at ellerman.id.au
Wed Nov 22 22:28:51 AEDT 2017

Christian Zigotzky <chzigotzky at xenosoft.de> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I created a patch for the git kernel today. (see attachment)
> Without the patch, the latest git kernel doesn't boot on my Cyrus Plus
> board.

Hi Christian,

This doesn't make much sense.

Are you running any out of tree drivers or patches on this machine? Or
just 100% upstream.

I have a freescale p5020ds machine, but I don't have this Cyrus Plus
board.

What kernel config are you using, can you attach it?

When you say it "doesn't boot" what happens exactly? Do you see any
output at all?

cheers