timer_create affinity

Nicolae Rosia nicolae.rosia.oss at gmail.com
Fri May 26 00:57:03 AEST 2017

Hello,

I'm working on a real-time application using POSIX timers running on a
QorIQ PowerPC platform with a 4.1 PREEMPT RT kernel and I'm trying to
understand whether the following can happen:
1. A thread with a core affinity #0 creates a timer which will invoke
a callback.
2. The kernel will setup the timer using a local timer running on a
different core, core #1
3. The ISR will fire, and could be dispatched by core #2
4. The scheduler will run the callback on core #3.

Is there a way to make sure this whole chain will be executed on a
single core, the core of the caller?

Best regards,
Nicolae Rosia