SPU not working for kernel 4.9, 4.10, 4.11a and 4.12

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Tue May 23 18:01:34 AEST 2017

Hi all,

> Looks like this also happens with the simple spu_run test:
>
>  https://github.com/jk-ozlabs/spufs-testsuite/blob/master/tests/03-spu_run/01-spu_run.c
>
> ... might need some debugging here, I'll update if I find anything.

And it appears we're stuck in the POLL_WHILE_FALSE() loop in
wait_tag_complete() called from restore_lscsa().

Because spufs itself has been fairly static, I suspect some other change
has meant that MFC DMAs aren't working; so at this point, a bisect might
be the best way forward. Do you see the exact same behaviour on 4.9 (but
4.8 works?)

Cheers,

Jeremy