P.A. Semi: "PR" KVM configure error after KVM changes for 4.12

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Tue May 9 18:42:51 AEST 2017

Hi All,

After the first batch of KVM changes for 4.12 merge window I get the
following error message if I want to configure the Linux kernel with KVM
PR support on my P.A. Semi board.

warning: (KVM_BOOK3S_64) selects SPAPR_TCE_IOMMU which has unmet direct
dependencies (IOMMU_SUPPORT && (PPC_POWERNV || PPC_PSERIES))

Did you change the system requirements for KVM? Does it only work on IBM
pSeries machines now?

Before the changes, I successfully compiled the Git version of kernel
4.12 with KVM PR support. I successfully tested it with Mac-on-Linux/KVM PR.

Cheers,

Christian