Freescale mpc8315 IRQ0 setup

Scott Wood oss at buserror.net
Fri May 5 06:55:28 AEST 2017

On Thu, 2017-05-04 at 17:06 +0200, Juergen Schindele wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 2. Mai 2017, 22:29:34 schrieb Scott Wood:
> > On Tue, 2017-05-02 at 14:43 +0200, Juergen Schindele wrote:
> > > Dear Scott,
> > > sorry for the delay but i am not very familiar with the formating.
> > > I passed the patch trough checkpatch.pl and there was no more error.
> > > pease find patch in attached file.
> > > Thanks
> >
> > Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst explains the way to format
> > and
> > submit kernel patches.
> >
> > Also, why the unrelated change to a print statement in
> > ipic_set_irq_type()?
> >
> > -Scott
>
> The second diff is not completely unrelated because when i was
> investigatingĀ
> the problem i saw only a message "edge sense not supported" but you dont
> know on which interrupt he is complaining about. So i added this to find
> outĀ
> who the suspect is.

That's fine but it's still fixing a different problem than "irq0 setup" and
should be a separate patch.

> Corrected patch

Again, please read Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst.  Patches
should be inline, not attached.  The subject line should be something like
"powerpc/ipic: Configure "EDGE" capabilities for IRQ0 (like IRQ1-7)" and there
should be more description in the body of the changelog.

-Scott