[v1 0/5] parallelized "struct page" zeroing

Pasha Tatashin pasha.tatashin at oracle.com
Fri Mar 24 10:36:44 AEDT 2017

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your comment. If you look at the data, having memset()
actually benefits initializing data.

With base it takes:
[   66.148867] node 0 initialised, 128312523 pages in 7200ms

With fix:
[   15.260634] node 0 initialised, 128312523 pages in 4190ms

So 4.19s vs 7.2s for the same number of "struct page". This is because
memset() actually brings "struct page" into cache with efficient  block
initializing store instruction. I have not tested if there is the same
effect on Intel.

Pasha