[RESEND-RFC v2 2/3] powerpc/eeh: Introduce function eeh_pe_reset_freeze_counter()

Andrew Donnellan andrew.donnellan at au1.ibm.com
Fri Mar 3 15:34:33 AEDT 2017

On 03/03/17 15:21, Vaibhav Jain wrote:
> Had a short chat discussion with Gavin Shan on this patchset and he
> preffers restoring the freeze_count on the eeh_pe once FRESET is done.
> He expects a the flow to be similar to one below
>
> 1. module caches the value of freeze_count and resets it
> 2. Issue warm reset
> 3. During eeh error-detected callback module restores the freeze_count
> from the cached value.

I'm inclined to think that's unnecessarily complex for relatively
limited gain - I can't imagine there's that many people reflashing their
CAPI devices so many times in quick succession that the counter won't
hit 5 in a real failure case.

--
Andrew Donnellan              OzLabs, ADL Canberra
andrew.donnellan at au1.ibm.com  IBM Australia Limited