RCU lockup issues when CONFIG_SOFTLOCKUP_DETECTOR=n - any one else seeing this?

Boqun Feng boqun.feng at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 23:37:47 AEST 2017

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 12:09:56PM -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 11:41:29AM -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 07:55:30AM -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> > > On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 08:54:16PM +0800, Boqun Feng wrote:
>
> [ . . . ]
>
> > > Even though Jonathan's testing indicates that it didn't fix this
> > > particular problem:
> > >
> > > Acked-by: Paul E. McKenney <paulmck at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
> >
> > And while we are at it:
> >
> > Tested-by: Paul E. McKenney <paulmck at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
>
> Not because it it fixed the TREE01 issue -- it did not.  But as near
> as I can see, it didn't cause any additional issues.

Understood.

Still work on waketorture for a test case which could trigger this
problem in a real world. My old plan is to send this out when I could
use waketorture to show this patch actually resolves some potential
bugs, but just put it ahead here in case it may help.

Will send it out with your Tested-by and Acked-by and continue to work
on waketorture.

Regards,
Boqun