[next-20170217] WARN @/arch/powerpc/include/asm/xics.h:124 .icp_hv_eoi+0x40/0x140

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at au1.ibm.com
Tue Feb 21 09:18:14 AEDT 2017

On Mon, 2017-02-20 at 14:04 -0800, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > HOWEVER. Looking at current upstream code I don't understand the error,
> > the DEBUG_SHIRQ code is calling the driver's handler not the flow
> > handler so it shouldn't be called handle_fasteoi_irq or am I missing
> > something ?
>
> I tried to invoke the normal handler path which also invokes the flow
> handler, but that breaks on x86 as well for different reasons. I zapped
> that commit and still need to find a way to do that debug thing proper. So
> it's appearence in -next was only temporary.

Ok I see. Yes I wouldn't be surprised if we aren't the only ones to
expect that one get_irq() matches *one* invocation of the flow handler.

We had to hack around this for irq_replay already but at least we have
a hook to do that.

You could possibly use replay, but what's wrong with what the code
currently does which is to just call the driver handler directly ?

Cheers,
Ben.