linux-next: manual merge of the kvm tree with the powerpc tree

Paolo Bonzini pbonzini at redhat.com
Fri Feb 10 21:06:20 AEDT 2017

On 10/02/2017 04:59, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the kvm tree got a conflict in:
>
>   arch/powerpc/include/asm/head-64.h
>
> between commit:
>
>   852e5da99d15 ("powerpc/64s: Tidy up after exception handler rework")
>
> from the powerpc tree and commit:
>
>   7ede531773ea ("KVM: PPC: Book3S: Move 64-bit KVM interrupt handler out from alt section")
>
> from the kvm tree.
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the kvm tree got a conflict in:
>
>   arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S
>
> between commit:
>
>   1a6822d194c3 ("powerpc/64s: Use (start, size) rather than (start, end) for exception handlers")
>
> from the powerpc tree and commit:
>
>   bc3551257af8 ("powerpc/64: Allow for relocation-on interrupts from guest to host")
>
> from the kvm tree.

Michael, please pull the topic branch as soon as possible, so that the
conflicts don't hit Linus.

That said, the topic branch is a mess.  It starts with generic arch
patches (until "powerpc/64: Allow for relocation-on interrupts from
guest to host") then it's only KVM, then on the top there's two more
generic patches that were added _after_ Paul merged it.

If possible, please pull only up to "powerpc/64: Allow for relocation-on
interrupts from guest to host" and cherry-pick the top two patches
("powerpc/64: CONFIG_RELOCATABLE support for hmi interrupts" and
"powerpc/powernv: Remove separate entry for OPAL real mode calls") into
your next branch, but leave the rest for my tree only.

Paolo