xmon memory dump does not handle LE

Douglas Miller dougmill at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Feb 3 01:42:30 AEDT 2017

I was hoping this would be any easy fix, but now it looks like it will
be more difficult.

The basic problem is that xmon memory commands like 'dd' do not properly
display the data on LE instances. This means that not only is it
difficult to read but one cannot copy-paste addresses from the output.
This severely encumbers debugging using xmon on LE systems.

It looks like prdump() is highly optimized but only works on BE. Have I
missed something, or will it take a significant re-write of this code to
fix the LE problem?

Thanks,

Doug