SB600 for the Nemo board has non-zero devices on non-root bus

Darren Stevens darren at stevens-zone.net
Mon Dec 4 22:40:11 AEDT 2017

Hello Bjorn

Firstly sorry for not beingĀ able to join in this discussion, I have been
moving house and only got my X1000 set up again yesterday..

On 30/11/2017, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> I *think* something like the patch below should make this work if you
> use the "pci=pcie_scan_all" parameter.  We have some x86 DMI quirks
> that set PCI_SCAN_ALL_PCIE_DEVS automatically.  I don't know how to do
> something similar on powerpc, but maybe you do?

Actually the root ports on the Nemo's PA6T processor don't respond to the
SB600 unless we turn on a special 'relax pci-e' bit in one of its control
registers. We use a small out of tree init routine to do this, and there
would be the ideal place to put a call to
pci_set_flag(PCI_SCAN_ALL_PCIE_DEVS).

This patch fixes the last major hurdle to getting the X1000 fully supported in
the linux kernel, so thanks very much for that.

Regards
Darren