[v6 04/15] mm: discard memblock data later

Pasha Tatashin pasha.tatashin at oracle.com
Mon Aug 14 23:39:17 AEST 2017

>> #ifdef CONFIG_MEMBLOCK in page_alloc, or define memblock_discard() stubs in
>> nobootmem headfile.
>
> This is the standard way to do this. And it is usually preferred to
> proliferate ifdefs in the code.

Hi Michal,

As you suggested, I sent-out this patch separately. If you feel
strongly, that this should be updated to have stubs for platforms that
do not implement memblock, please send a reply to that e-mail, so those
who do not follow this tread will see it. Otherwise, I can leave it as
is, page_alloc file already has a number memblock related ifdefs all of
which can be cleaned out once every platform implements it (is it even
achievable?)

Thank you,
Pasha