[RFC] fs: add userspace critical mounts event support

Bjorn Andersson bjorn.andersson at linaro.org
Wed Sep 7 08:28:47 AEST 2016

On Tue 06 Sep 14:52 PDT 2016, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

> We already have MODULE_FIRMWARE(), we could have MODULE_FIRMWARE_REQ() or
> something like it to help annotate the the driver was only functional with the
> firmware, punt things to kmod to deal with the requirements.

That implies that a single driver will only use a single version of the
firmware. There are cases where we want a single driver to load firmware
depending on e.g. hardware revisions, or previous firmware version and
there are cases where we want to load firmware based on requested
use-cases.

Regards,
Bjorn