[mm v2 0/3] Support memory cgroup hotplug

Michal Hocko mhocko at kernel.org
Wed Nov 23 18:25:44 AEDT 2016

On Wed 23-11-16 15:36:51, Balbir Singh wrote:
> In the absence of hotplug we use extra memory proportional to
> (possible_nodes - online_nodes) * number_of_cgroups. PPC64 has a patch
> to disable large consumption with large number of cgroups. This patch
> adds hotplug support to memory cgroups and reverts the commit that
> limited possible nodes to online nodes.

Balbir,
I have asked this in the previous version but there still seems to be a
lack of information of _why_ do we want this, _how_ much do we save on
the memory overhead on most systems and _why_ the additional complexity
is really worth it. Please make sure to add all this in the cover
letter.

I still didn't get to look into those patches because I am swamped with
other things but to be honest I do not really see a strong justification
to make it high priority for me.

--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs