[v1 0/3] Support memory cgroup hotplug

Balbir Singh bsingharora at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 10:44:02 AEDT 2016

In the absence of hotplug we use extra memory proportional to
(possible_nodes - online_nodes) * number_of_cgroups. PPC64 has a patch
to disable large consumption with large number of cgroups. This patch
adds hotplug support to memory cgroups and reverts the commit that
limited possible nodes to online nodes.

Cc: Tejun Heo <tj at kernel.org>
Cc: Andrew Morton <akpm at linux-foundation.org>

I've tested this patches under a VM with two nodes and movable
nodes enabled. I've offlined nodes and checked that the system
and cgroups with tasks deep in the hierarchy continue to work
fine.

Balbir Singh (3):
  Add basic infrastructure for memcg hotplug support
  Move from all possible nodes to online nodes
  powerpc: fix node_possible_map limitations

 arch/powerpc/mm/numa.c |  7 ----

2.5.5