livepatch: change to a per-task consistency model

David Laight David.Laight at ACULAB.COM
Wed May 25 01:06:54 AEST 2016

From: Jiri Kosina
> Sent: 23 May 2016 19:45
> > Related, please can we have a flag for the sleep and/or process so that
> > an uninterruptible sleep doesn't trigger the 'hung task' detector
>
> TASK_KILLABLE

Not sure that does what I want.
It appears to allow some 'kill' actions to wake the process.
I'm sure I've looked at the 'hung task' code since 2007.

> > and also stops the process counting towards the 'load average'.
>
> TASK_NOLOAD

Ah, that was added in May 2015.
Not surprising I didn't know about it.

I'll leave the code doing:
  set_current_state(signal_pending(current) ? TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE ? TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE);
for a while longer.

	David