[v3,1/8] powerpc: Create a helper for getting the kernel toc value

Torsten Duwe duwe at lst.de
Fri Mar 18 02:59:28 AEDT 2016

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 10:58:42AM +1100, Balbir Singh wrote:

> To be honest I think my v6 works well, but I don't have complete confidence
> due to the lack of proper testing. livepatch samples plus some others I wrote
> and I one Petr wrote all work (calling patched from within patched),

I have outlined a failure scenario for you as a reply to v6 ;)

Question to all: would it be feasible to limit the size of a single module's
.text + TOC to let's say 8MB, and place modules at 10MB granularity? Then it
would be unambiguous: exactly iff the high 40 bits of (TOC-LR) are zero, both
belong to the same module.

	Torsten