Freescale P5020 cpu will be kvm-pr?

luigi burdo intermediadc at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 17:07:00 AEDT 2016

hi scott,
i will send the logs for sure will be more understendable compared my
self learned english.

> Il giorno 17 mar 2016, alle ore 04:47, Scott Wood <oss at buserror.net> ha scritto:
>
>> On Wed, 2016-03-16 at 07:24 +0100, luigi burdo wrote:
>> hi Scott,
>> the P5020 mmu is signed by the kernel no book3e found
>
> I don't understand this sentence.

i have this in the dmesg no mmu book3e found  will write the exact message too.
>> kvm ppc64 crash if run by qemu.
>
> You didn't show that log.

i will seend it too

>> in the kernel( 4.5 too)all is enabled we had a base .config by freescale/nix
>> where kvm options and book3e  where enabled.
>
> You should start with corenet64_smp_defconfig, and enable KVM options plus
> PPC_QEMU_E500.

yes it is enabled in the kernel config but  i have a exit with crash
>> my suspect is this can be an generated issue by  the host uboot
>
> Host U-Boot has nothing to do with KVM.

good to know, i had this suspect only because we have to force the booting with mem=3500M the uboot is a 2014 version.

>> or a missed tdb parameter and not a linux kernel problem.
>
> What is tdb?

sorry ipad bad typing tdb is the 5020.dtb
> -Scott

thanks for your time
luigi

Inviato da iPad