arch/powerpc/xmon/dis-asm.h: 2 * wrong specifiers ?

David Binderman linuxdev.baldrick at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 17:06:56 AEST 2016

Hello there,

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 5:08 AM, Michael Ellerman <mpe at ellerman.id.au> wrote:
> What config / toolchain are you using? I've never seen these.

A static analyser for C & C++ called cppcheck. Available from sourceforge.

I think you can also get a similar warning if you tweek the gcc compiler warning
flags. -Wformat=2 maybe.

>> static inline int print_insn_powerpc(unsigned long insn, unsigned long memaddr)
>> {
>>     printf("%.8x", insn);
>>     return 0;
>> }
>
> Send me a patch to cast insn to unsigned int?

I don't know the code, but given that insn is unsigned long and so can go
past 32 bits, using a cast to unsigned int might throw away the
possibly important
upper bits.

Regards

David Binderman